Read LG WT1001CW Service Manual online
3-2. BEFORE STARTING TO WASH
• Look for a care label on your clothes.
This will tell you about the fabric content of your garment and how it should be washed.
Sort clothes into loads that can be washed with the same wash cycle, water temperature,
and spin speed.
To get the best results, different fabrics need to be washed in different ways.
• SOIL (Heavy, Normal, Light)
Separate clothes according to the type and amount of soil.
• COLOR (Whites, Lights, Darks)
Separate white fabrics from colored fabrics.
• LINT (Lint producers, Collectors)
Separate lint producers and lint collectors.
Terry cloth, Chenille, Towels, Diapers
Synthetics, Corduroy, Permanent Press, Socks
Check before Loading
• Check all pockets to make sure that they are empty. Things such as nails, hairclips, matches,
pens, coins, and keys can damage both your washer and your clothes.
• Mend any torn garments or loose buttons. Tears or holes may become larger during washing.
• Remove belts, underwires, etc. to prevent damage to the machine or your clothes.
• Pretreat any dirt and stains.
• Make sure the clothes are washable in water.
• Check the washing instructions.
• Remove any paper or tissue in the pockets.
• Be sure the wire supports in undergarments are secure and will not become loose in the washer.
Do not wash fabrics containing flammable materials (waxes, cleaning fluids, etc.).
The WATER LEVEL should just cover the clothes. Adjust the load size
accordingly. Loosely load clothes no higher than the top row of holes in the
washer tub. To add items after washer has started, press the START button and
submerge additional items. Close the lid and press the Start button again to restart.
Do not wash waterproofed fabrics (such as skiing outfits, diapers, or nappy
auto seat covers.)
Light and Large-sized clothing
Clothes like downs and woolens are lightweight, large, and float easily. Use a nylon net and
wash them in a small amount of water. If the laundry floats during the wash cycle, it may
become damaged. Use dissolved detergent to prevent the detergent from clumping.
Do not wash water-proof textilles (Skiing outfit, baby diaper, nappy automobile seat covers.)
Long laundry items
Use nylon bag nets for long, delicate items. For laundry with long strings or long length, a bag will prevent
tangling during washing. Fasten zippers, hooks, and strings to make sure that these items don't snag on
The nylon net bag can be purchased locally.
Pretreatment on stains or heavy soil
• Pretreat shirt collars and cuffs with a pre-wash product or liquid detergent when placing them in the washer.
Before washing treat special stains with bar soaps, liquid detergent, or a paste of water and powdered detergent.
• Use a pretreat soil and stain remover.
Treat stains AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. The longer they are left, the harder they are to remove.
(For more detail refer to page 14-15)
Click on the first or last page to see other WT1001CW service manuals if exist.