LCXX X20 XL2 Firmware Upgrade
Sharp Electronics (UK) Limited
After Sales Service
Page 1 of 1
Firmware Upgrade Instructions
USB pen drives up to 1 Gig formatted to FAT or FAT32 standard can be used
to update the X20 and XL2 firmware, please note it is the same firmware for
all screen sizes and both X20 and XL2. The latest firmware can be found on
the Technical Web and the Upgrade process takes approximately 90 seconds
“do not remove the mains power during the upgrade process”.
Simply transfer the downloaded file to your USB pen drive uncompressing if
necessary to give you “safe-kernel.img1”
1) With TV in ON condition remove mains supply or switch off at the socket.
2) Connect USB pen drive to "Service" Connector on the RH side.
3) Press and hold the Power button (ON TV) then reconnect the mains
supply or switch on the socket.
4) The Front green LED will start to Flash and the upgrade process has
started, release the power button. After approximately 50 seconds the
screen will come on and you will see an update progress bar.
5) After the on screen message “Upgrade Completed” and the green red
LED’s are flashing it has finished, remove the mains supply and then the