LCD 2006 12 01
Date of Issue: 28
LCD TELEVISION TECHNICAL BULLETIN
Page 1 of 1
Sharp Electronics (UK) Limited
Reference – OAD
Revision - 1
White – Carry out as required
Yellow – Carry out as required and whenever the unit comes in for service
Red – Carry out on all units
SYMPTOM When an Overair Download (OAD) to update the DTV software has finished, one or all
of the following symptoms may be apparent:
• The “Database empty” message appears
• After tuning the DTV stations may be in the incorrect order
• The EPG clock may be incorrect by one hour
Carry out the procedure outlined below to reinitialise the set:
1. Select TV (Not DTV).
2. Press the “Menu” button and activate the “AUTO INSTALATION”.
3. You will be asked for a pin number (this will be 1234 unless the customer has
4. Select “English” press OK.
5. On the next screen, select “Switzerland”, press OK (it is necessary to select a
different country for the set to reinitialise).
6. Immediately press Return on the remote control to cancel the tuning.
7. Select “AUTO INSTALATION” again.
8. Select “English” press OK.
9. Select “United Kingdom”, press OK.
10. Immediately press Return on the remote to cancel the tuning, your previously
stored analogue channels should not be affected.
11. Press the “DTV” button, then the “DTV MENU button.
12. Select “AUTO TUNING” and enter your pin number (this will be 1234 unless the
customer has changed it) then select “Yes” to start the DTV tuning.
After DTV tuning is complete BBC1 will be displayed.
For further information about tuning procedures please refer to the operation manual.