Very low power consumption at micro-loads (burst mode).
Start-up circuit eliminates the need for start-up resistor.
Excess current protection (ON period limitation, primary current limitation), excess voltage protection, and thermal
shut-down function are incorporated.
FD607WJ (RC/LED UNIT):
IC101 : OPC
The TPS850 is a linear-output photo-IC which incorporates a photodiode and current amp circuit in a single chip. This
photo-IC is current output type, so can set up output voltage freely by arbitrary load resistance.
FD609WJ (TUNER UNIT):
· IC201 : IF-Demodulator/PLL
The TDA9886 is an alignment-free multi-standard (PAL, SECAM and NTSC) vision and sound IF signal PLL
demodulator for positive and negative modulation including sound AM and FM processing.
This IC features the following.
* Gain controlled wide-band vision intermediate frequency (VIF) ampliﬁer (AC-coupled).
* Multi-standard true synchronous demodulation with active carrier regeneration (very linear demodulation,
good intermodulation ﬁgures reduced harmonics, excellent pulse response).
* Gated phase detector for L/L accent standard.
* Fully integrated VIF Voltage Controlled Oscillator (VCO), alignment-free; frequencies switchable for all
negative modulated standards via I2C bus.
* 4MHz reference frequency input [signal from phase-locked loop (PLL) tuning system] or operating as crystal
* VIF Automatic Gain Control (AGC) detector for gain control operating as a peak sync detector for negative
modulated signals and as a peak white detector for positive modulated signals.
IC 202: COFDM decoder; Sharp code: RH-IXB682WJZZQ (STV0360C)
The STV0360C is a COFDM ( codec orthogonal frequency division multiplex) demodulator that performs IF to MPEG-
2 block processing of OFDM carriers. It is intended for digital terrestrial receivers for compressed video, sound and
data services. It implements all the functions from the tuner IF output to the MPEG-2 transport stream input.
The STV0360C integrates an A/D converter that delivers the required performance to handle up to 64 QAM carriers
in a direct IF sampling architecture.
KD628WJ (DIGITAL UNIT):
IC4001: MPEG 1/2 decoder (Audio/Video); Sharp code RH-IXB680WJZZQ (STI5516AUCL).
The STi5516 is a device that integrates all of the back-end functions required for mainstream set-top boxes . These
· an enhanced ST20 32-bit RISC CPU with a 166MHz clock, 8Kbytes of instruction cache, 8Kbytes of data cache
and 8Kbytes of embedded SRAM;
· a 16-bit, 133MHz Shared Memory Interface, with support for 64- and 128-bit conﬁgurations;
· a programmable External Memory Interface supporting six separately conﬁgurable banks of SRAM, Flash and
· an MPEG-2 ([email protected]
) decoder, including trick modes such as smooth fast-forward and rewind;
· a Graphics/Display unit with ﬁve display panes, alpha blending, antialiasing and antiﬂutter ﬁlters, subpicture
decoder, and display compositor with separate OSD (On-Screen Display) controls for TV and VCR outputs;
· PAL/NTSC/SECAM encoder;
· Audio subsystem with embedded DSP for all popular audio formats;
· a full range of on-chip peripherals, including ﬁve UARTs, six parallel I/O banks, two smart card interfaces, four
PWM channels, teletext serializer, multi-channel IR transmitter/receiver, and a modem analog front-end interface.
IC 4203: 16 Mbit Flash Memory ; Sharp code: RH-IXA964WJN1 (MBM29LV160BE70TN).
IC 4201 & IC 4202: 64Mbit SDRAM ; Sharp code: RH-IXB076WJZZQ (KAS641632H-UC75).