View Sony ST-SDB900 Service Manual online
“Dolby”, “Pro Logic” and the double-D symbol are
trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
Theater Systems, Inc.
For details, see “DAB frequency table”
Station preset capacity
FM maximum of 30
AM maximum of 30
• AM loop aerial (1)
• FM wire aerial (1)
• DAB wire aerial (1)
• Remote commander (1)
• R6 (size AA) batteries (2)
Boards requiring use of unleaded solder are printed with the lead-
free mark (LF) indicating the solder contains no lead.
(Caution: Some printed circuit boards may not come printed with
the lead free mark due to their particular size.)
• Unleaded solder melts at a temperature about 40
Ordinary soldering irons can be used but the iron tip has to be
applied to the solder joint for a slightly longer time.
Soldering irons using a temperature regulator should be set to
heated tip is applied for too long, so be careful!
– TRANS, AC SW, JOG, RM Board – ............................ 15
WITH MARK 0 ON THE SCHEMATIC DIAGRAMS AND IN THE
PARTS LIST ARE CRITICAL TO SAFE OPERATION. REPLACE
THESE COMPONENTS WITH SONY PARTS WHOSE PART NUM-
BERS APPEAR AS SHOWN IN THIS MANUAL OR IN SUPPLE-
MENTS PUBLISHED BY SONY.
than ordinary solder so use caution not to let solder bridges
occur such as on IC pins, etc.
also be added to ordinary solder.
• Never reuse a disconnected chip component.
• Notice that the minus side of a tantalum capacitor may be dam-
When exchanging DAB TUNER MODULE and hard to remove
a cable, please also exchange cables together.
from instruction manual.
4 Display window
q; TUNING MODE
2. While pressing [DISPLAY] button and [MENU] button together, turn ON the [POWER] button.
3. When test mode starts “DIAG MENU” is displayed for a few seconds, then test mode starts.
................. DAB preset all clear
• 30 AM Preset ................. All 531 kHz
• Preset Station Name ........ All clear
• DIMMER Full (duty 100)
[TUNING MODE] button ..... “MONO” display
[DISPLAY] button .............. “DRC” display
[MENU] button ................. “TUNED” display
[ENTER] button ................. “PRESET” display
[MEMORY] button .............. “PTY” display
6. Turn OFF the power.
2. While pressing [DISPLAY] button and [MEMORY] button together, turn ON [POWER] button.
3. When you enter temporary PRESET setting mode, the “MEMORY” display flashes. The only difference in this mode is the use of the
• All capacitors are in
No mark : FM
(In addition to this necessary note is printed in each block.)
Pattern face side: Parts on the parts face side seen from