General Precautions for Installation/Servicing/Maintenance for the Finisher
AR-FN11/FN12, Hole punch unit AR-PN3, Inserter AR-CF1
The installation and service should be done by a qualified service technician.
1. When installing the Finisher AR-FN11/FN12, Hole punch unit AR-PN3, Inserter AR-
CF1 to the Plain Paper Copier, be sure to follow the instructions described in the “Un-
packing/Set-Up Procedure for the AR-FN11/FN12/AR-PN3/AR-CF1” booklet which
comes with each unit of the AR-FN11/FN12/AR-PN3/AR-CF1.
2. The AR-FN11/FN12, AR-PN3, AR-CF1 should be installed by an authorized/qualified
3. Before starting installation, servicing or maintenance work, be sure to turn off and un-
plug the copier first.
4. When selecting the installation site, avoid placing the AR-FN11/FN12/AR-CF1 and
copier on different levels or inclined floors.
5. When servicing or maintaining the AR-FN11/FN12/AR-PN3/AR-CF1, be careful about
the rotating or operation sections such as gears, pulleys, sprockets, cams, belts, etc.
6. When parts are disassembled, reassembly is the reverse of disassembly unless other-
wise noted in this manual or other related materials. Be careful not to reassemble small
parts such as screws, washers, pins, E-rings, toothed washers to the wrong places.
7. Basically, the machine should not be operated with any parts removed or disassembled.
8. Delicate parts for preventing safety hazard problems (such as breakers, thermofuses,
fuses, door switches, sensors, etc. if any) should be handled/installed/adjusted cor-
9. Use suitable measuring instruments and tools.
10. During servicing or maintenance work, be sure to check the serial No. plate and other
cautionary labels (if any) to see if they are clean and firmly fixed. If not, take appropriate
11. The PC board must be stored in an anti-electrostatic bag and handled carefully using
a wristband, because the ICs on it may be damaged due to static electricity. Before
using the wrist band, pull out the power cord plug of the copier and make sure that
there is no uninsulated charged objects in the vicinity.
12. For the recovery and disposal of used AR-FN11/FN12/AR-PN3/AR-CF1s, consum-
able parts, packing materials, used batteries, and RAM-ICs including lithium batteries,
it is recommended that the relevant local regulations/rules.
13. After completing installation, servicing and maintenance of the AR-FN11/FN12/AR-
PN3/AR-CF1, return the AR-FN11/FN12/AR-PN3/AR-CF1 to its original state, and