View Panasonic TX-15PM30T / TC-21X3 / TX-21X3T Service Manual online
Receiving Channels :
28-69 (PAL B AUST)
13-62 (NTSC M JAPAN)
33.6 MHz (SECAM)
33.75 MHz (SECAM)
34.42 MHz (NTSC)
general public. It does not contain warning cautions to advise non-technical individuals of potential dangers in
attempting to service a product. Product powered by electricity should be serviced or repaired only by
experienced professional technicians. Any attempt to service or repair the product or products dealt with in this
service literature by anyone else could result in serious injury or death.
2. When servicing, observe the original lead dress, especially the lead dress in the high voltage circuits. If
should not be attempted by anyone who is not thoroughly familiar with the precautions necessary when
working on high voltage equipment. Always discharge the anode of the picture tube to the receiver
chassis before handling the tube.
After servicing make the following leakage current checks to prevent the customer from being exposed
to shock hazards.
2. Turn on the receiver’s power switch.
lic cabinet part on the receiver, such as screw heads, aerials, connectors, control shafts, ect. When the
exposed metallic part has a return path to the chassis, the reading should be between 4 Mohm and 20
Mohm.When the exposed metal does not have a return path to the chassis, the reading must be infinite.
2. Check a 2 kohm non-inductive resistor and an AC/DC current meter, in series with each exposed
The current from any point should not exceed 0.7 mA peak AC or 2mA DC. In the case of a measure-
ment being outside of these limits specified, there is a possibility of a shock hazard, and the receiver
should be repaired and rechecked before it is returned to the customer.
are the EHT section and the picture tube.
When using a picture tube test jig for service,
ensure that jig is capable of handling 28.5kV
without causing X-Radiation.
Note : It is important to use an accurate
2. Use the remocon to get into Service Mode.
3. Measure the EHT. The meter reading should
indication is out of tolerance, immediate
the possibility of premature component failure.
4. To prevent the possibility X-Radiation, it is
essential to use the specifield picture tube, if
service replacement becomes necessary.
2. Stand the TV set as shown in fig. 7.
3. Remove the A-Board from the TV set by pulling the main board out as shown in figure 7.
recall on the remote control.
CHK should appear on right of TV screen.
To move from CHK1 to CHK2 mode, etc, please follow below rotation :
1. Receive the white balance pattern and aging should have been performed over 30 minutes.
2. Set the picture menu to to DYNAMIC NORMAL.
3. Degause the CRT face.
4. Fix the CRT colour analyzer receiver unit to CRT face.
2. Adjust R-CUT OFF, so that X = 0.235 +- 0.01nit.
3. Adjust G-CUT OFF, so that y = 0.235 +- 0.01nit.
2. Adjust R-Drive, so that X = 0.259 +- 0.01nit.
3. Adjust B-Drive, so that y = 0.259 +- 0.01nit.
1. Connect ocilloscope probe to TPL7.
2. Screen VR min.
3. Set the data Sub Bright , Bright.
4. In service Mode at ‘Bright’ dac press  in factory mode to enter vertical line and adjust by
volume down or up button.
5. Adjust “Screen VR” until 1-H Line appears.
as follow :
2. Connect digital multimeter to RF AGC
reach 2.7 +- 0.1V.
3. Increase RF signal strenght by 2dB, confirm
AGC at Tuner voltage drop.
and confirm the +B voltage is 141.2 +- 0.8V.
colour DAC is adjusted to maximum position.
2. Pic Menu : Dynamic Normal , Confirm Contrast - 63 , Sub Contrast - 21.
3. Channel colour set ----------- STD.
4. Connect TPA 10 to TPA 20.
5. Set (A) to 2.3 +- 0.2V by BRT (CHK2) Fig. 1.
that (B) as in Fig.1 is 2.8 +- 0.1V.
2. Adjust ‘Sub Colour’ so that waveform as in Fig.1 (1) 2.5 +- 0.1V.
3. Connect oscilloscope probe to TPA 32 (R OUT) with 10k series resistor and confirm waveform as in
Fig.2 is (2).2.7 +- 0.4V
V. Height, H. Centre and Focus adjustments must be completed.
6. Set the control as following:
Green ............. minimum
Blue ............... minimum
twice to select CRT Adjustment Mode as per
Fig. 16 to select low light.
to the purity magnet as possible.
4. Adjust Red and Blue with Green line at
static convergence magnetic rings.
6. Remove the DY wedges and slightly tilt the
obtain the good overall convergence.