Read Sony DVP-F21 Service Manual online
PAL (AEP, UK)
CD: 99 dB
frequency, the output signal from the DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) jack is converted to 48 kHz sampling frequency.
See page 3 for further information.
0.3 Vp-p (PAL)
RMT-D137P (1) (EXCEPT US, CND, MX)
• Size AA (R6) batteries (2)
• AC power adaptor AC-F21 (1)
• AC power cord (1)
• Jack cover for vertical installation (1)
safety checks before releasing the set to the customer:
to the customer and recommend their replacement.
mend their replacement.
from all exposed metal parts to any exposed metal part having a
return to chassis, must not exceed 0.5 mA (500 microamperes).
Leakage current can be measured by any one of three methods.
0.75V, so analog meters must have an accurate low-voltage scale.
The Simpson 250 and Sanwa SH-63Trd are ex-amples of a pas-
sive VOM that is suitable. Nearly all battery operated digital
multimeters that have a 2V AC range are suit-able. (See Fig. A)
WITH THE EYE TOO CLOSELY. IN CASE IT IS NECESSARY
TO CONFIRM LASER BEAM EMISSION, BE SURE TO
OBSERVE FROM A DISTANCE OF MORE THAN 25 cm
FROM THE SURFACE OF THE OBJECTIVE LENS ON THE
OPTICAL PICK-UP BLOCK.
CRITIQUES POUR LA SÉCURITÉ DE FONCTIONNEMENT. NE
REMPLACER CES COM-POSANTS QUE PAR DES PIÈCES SONY
DONT LES NUMÉROS SONT DONNÉS DANS CE MANUEL OU
DANS LES SUPPLÉMENTS PUBLIÉS PAR SONY.
LIST ARE CRITICAL TO SAFE OPERATION. REPLACE THESE
COMPONENTS WITH SONY PARTS WHOSE PART NUMBERS
APPEAR AS SHOWN IN THIS MANUAL OR IN SUPPLEMENTS
PUB-LISHED BY SONY.
LUOKAN 3B LASER
other than those specified herein may result in hazardous ra-
Parts on Set
• IR-39 (IR) Printed Wiring Boards and Schematic
• MB-99 (SIGNAL PROCESS) Schematic Diagram ... 4-15
• MB-99 (SERVO) Schematic Diagram ....................... 4-17
• MB-99 (SIGNAL PROCESS) Schematic Diagram ... 4-19
• MB-99 (SIGNAL PROCESS) Schematic Diagram ... 4-21
• MB-99 (POWER) Schematic Diagram ...................... 4-23
• MB-99 (AV OUT) Schematic Diagram ...................... 4-25
• MB-99 (VIDEO) Schematic Diagram ........................ 4-27
• MB-99 (AUDIO) Schematic Diagram ........................ 4-29
• MB-99 (AVMS) Schematic Diagram ......................... 4-31
• MD-89 (FUNCTION SWITCH 1)
controls on the player if they have the same
or similar names as those on the remote.
back of the unit and will only play DVDs
labeled with identical region codes.
If you try to play any other DVD, the
message “Playback prohibited by area
limitations.” will appear on the TV screen.
Depending on the DVD, no region code
indication may be labeled even though
playing the DVD is prohibited by area
• CD-ROMs (PHOTO CDs included)
• All CD-Rs/RWs other than music and VCD
• DVD Audio discs
• DVD-RWs recorded in video recording
• A DVD with a different region code (page
player conforms to the NTSC color
• A disc that has the adhesive of cellophane
player depending upon the recording quality or
physical condition of the disc, or the characteristics of
the recording device.
Furthermore, the disc will not play if it has not been
correctly finalized. For more information, see the
operating instructions for the recording device.
and VIDEO CDs
VIDEO CDs may be intentionally set by
software producers. Since this player plays
DVDs and VIDEO CDs according to the disc
contents the software producers designed,
some playback features may not be available.
Also, refer to the instructions supplied with
the DVDs or VIDEO CDs.
protection technology that is protected by
method claims of certain U.S. patents, other
intellectual property rights owned by
Macrovision Corporation, and other rights
owners. Use of this copyright protection
technology must be authorized by
Macrovision Corporation, and is intended for
home and other limited viewing uses only,
unless otherwise authorized by Macrovision
Corporation. Reverse engineering or
disassembly is prohibited.
it in a car parked in direct sunlight as the
temperature may rise considerably inside
completely from the player.
• If glue is present on the outer edge of the
of a pen or pencil so that the glue is spread
evenly along the edge before inserting the
disc into the player. Be sure not to touch the
playback side of the disc when wiping the
of a pen or pencil. If burrs are not removed,
discs may not load properly into the player,
or fragments of plastic adhering to the
playback side of the disc may cause
skipping in the sound.
anti-static spray intended for vinyl LPs.