5-1-3. Adjusting Items When Replacing Lens
In case of replacing lens, the adjustments mentioned below are required.
• Aperture Diameter/Mechanical Shutter Adjustment
• Zoom Adjustment
• Infinity Focus Adjustment
• Near Focus Adjustment
5-1-4. Handling of Firmware
Save the firmware file in the root directory of Memory Stick.
Saving it in the other directory causes the malfunction of program.
The firmware file is downloadable from the ESI homepage.
First, format the Memory Stick before copying the firmware.
When formatting, perform on the PC, using the FAT. Do not format on the unit.
If the concealed file “MEMSTICK.IND” exists, delete it.
Decompress the file and confirm the file format as shown below.
Firmware file for DSC-S700:
Save the file in the root directory of Memory Stick.
This Memory Stick saved the firmware is used in the adjustments.
1. With the camera turned off the power, set the mode dial to “Program auto shooting mode” and insert the Memory Stick with the
firmware files into the Memory Stick slot of the camera.
2. While pressing the “Image Size” button, press the “POWER” button and release when the POWER lamp and the LCD display turns
on. Release the “Image Size” button when the POWER lamp and the LCD display goes out.
3. After a few seconds, the LCD display will turn white and then show the Adjustments mode screen.
” button on the screen the adjustment is finished makes to return to the initial screen display for adjustments.
In case of adjusting continuously, go to the next step with above mentioned operation.
Changing the Mode dial will take you out of the Adjustment mode.
When all adjustments are completed, just simply remove the power from the unit completes the adjustment procedure.
Ver. 1.1 2008.09
The changed portions from
Ver. 1.0 are shown in blue.