Read Sony CMT-EH20DAB / HCD-EH20DAB Service Manual online
Published by Sony Techno Create Corporation
and tuner section in CMT-EH20DAB.
Continuous RMS power output (reference): 5 + 5 W (4 ohms at 1 kHz, 10%
Music power output (reference): 7 + 7 W
ohms or more
SPEAKER: Accepts impedance of 4 ohms
Laser Diode Properties
Laser Output*: Less than 44.6
Antenna: FM/DAB lead antenna
Band-III: 174.928 (5A) – 239.200 (13F) MHz
* For details, see “DAB frequency table” below.
Power consumption: 25 W
MAIN Board ....................................................................
– CD SERVO, DAB TUNER Section – .......................... 13
7-11. Schematic Diagram – PANEL Board – ........................... 25
other than those specified herein may result in hazardous radiation
REPLACE THESE COMPONENTS WITH SONY PARTS WHOSE
PART NUMBERS APPEAR AS SHOWN IN THIS MANUAL OR
IN SUPPLEMENTS PUBLISHED BY SONY.
as a CLASS 1 LASER
free mark (LF) indicating the solder contains no lead.
(Caution: Some printed circuit boards may not come printed with
than ordinary solder.
Ordinary soldering irons can be used but the iron tip has to be
applied to the solder joint for a slightly longer time.
Soldering irons using a temperature regulator should be set to
about 350 ˚C.
Caution: The printed pattern (copper foil) may peel away if
Unleaded solder is more viscou-s (sticky, less prone to flow)
than ordinary solder so use caution not to let solder bridges
occur such as on IC pins, etc.
It is best to use only unleaded solder but unleaded solder may
also be added to ordinary solder.
BLOCK OR BASE UNIT
break-down because of the potential difference generated by the
charged electrostatic load, etc. on clothing and the human body.
During repair, pay attention to electrostatic break-down and also
use the procedure in the printed matter which is included in the
The flexible board is easily damaged and should be handled with
the disc reflective surface by the objective lens in the optical pick-
up block. Therefore, when checking the laser diode emission,
observe from more than 30 cm away from the objective lens.
diode is prohibited unless the upper lid is closed while turning ON
the SW750. (push switch type)
The following checking method for the laser diode is operable.
Emission of the laser diode is visually checked.
2. Push the SW750 as shown in Fig.1.
power control circuit or the optical pick-up.
insert the two R6 (size AA) batteries (not supplied),
side first, matching the polarities shown below.
• With normal use, the batteries should last for about six months.
• Do not mix an old battery with a new one or mix different types of
• If you do not use the remote for a long period of time, remove the
The clock settings are lost when you disconnect the
power cord or if a power failure occurs.
If you want to run the DAB Automatic Scan again,
perform the procedure below.
• If your country or region does not support DAB broadcast, “NO
created properly. In this case, run the DAB Automatic Scan again.
using an audio cord)
repeatedly until “AUDIO
VOLUME control on the unit)
sound (Dynamic Sound
disc with the label side up on the CD compartment.
To close the CD compartment, press
track or file
for all MP3 files in the folder on the disc), shuffle play
• All tracks or files on a dis are played repearedly up to five times.
– MP3 files is 255.
– MP3 files and folders that can be contained on a signal disc is 256.
– folder levels (the tree structure of files) ia eight.
MP3 discs may produce noise or interrupted audio or may not play
• If the disc begins with a CD-DA (or MP3) session, it is recognized
session is encountered.
DAB Automatic Scan procedure (see “Before using the
“STEREO” (for stereo programs) appear. When you
tune in a DAB station or an FM station that provides
RDS services, the service name or station name
appears on the display.
on the remote repeatedly until “MANUAL” appears, and
then press +/– on the remote (or TUNING + or – on the
• When tuning in a DAB station, it may take a few seconds before you
slack in the tape to avoid damaging the tape or the
– elapsed playing time and remaining time of an MP3 file encoded
using a VBR (variable bit rate) when the file is played or is shifted
label using uppercase letters (A to Z), numbers (0 to 9), and
symbols (" $ % ’ ( )
AUDIO IN jack
system, and then select the AUDIO IN function.
disc that has MP3 files.
• Folders that have no MP3 files are skipped.
• The system can only play MP3 files that have file extension of
• If there are files on the disc that have the “MP3” files extension,
but that are no MP3 files, the unit may produce noise or may