3 – 2
2. Adjusting the mirrors
Make adjustment by the indication territory on the screen to prevent the circumference of the screen from getting dark because a lighting range devi-
1. Remove the top body so that the optical unit may be seen. Display white only screen on the screen.
2. Detach the mirror adjustment part cover
on the bottom right of the projection lens.
3. Turn three screws with special hexagon wrench (9HPH10XL120) and adjust so that a part of the screen may not get dark because a lighting range
4. Mount the adjustment part cover
5. Mount the top panel.
3. Adjusting the back focal distance after replacing the projection lens
NOTE: A piece of temporary tape is attached on the focus ring that comes with the replacement projection lens. Keep this tape in place until the finish
of the adjustment.
1. Provide a distance of 2.4 m between the set and the screen and adjust the zoom knob to “wide end”.
2. Adjust the lens shift until the projection lens comes to the same level as the center of the screen.
3. Detach the optical unit top cover A from behind the projection lens.
4. Loosen the four hex screws B in the back of the projection lens.
5. Insert the adjustment screwdriver C (9EVDRIVERZ9000) in the hole D at the back of the lens. Put the center of the screen in the best focus. (Pref-
erably feed the signal for 1-dot white crosshatch pattern or 1-dot white dot pattern on black background.)
6. Tighten the four hex screws B to the torque of 0.3 Nm (3.06 kgfcm), and apply screw loctite to them.
7. Peel the temporary tape off the focus ring of the projection lens.
8. Attach the optical unit top cover A back into position. Finally fix the two screws E and apply screw loctite to them.
Expansion figure of part A
Insert hexagon wrench
in this direction.