Read Sharp DX-C200 Service Manual online
1. Precautions for servicing
• When servicing, disconnect the power plug, the printer cable, the network cable, and the
It may cause an injury or an electric shock.
It may cause a burn.
• There is a high voltage section inside the machine which maycause an electric shock. Be
careful when servicing.
• Do not disassemble the laser unit. Do not insert a reflectivematerial such as a screwdriver
in the laser beam path. It may damage eyes by reflection of laser beams.
• When servicing with the machine operating, be careful not to squeeze you hands by the
chain, the belt, the gear, and other driving sections.
• Do not leave the machine with the cabinet disassembled. Do not allow any person other
than a serviceman to touch inside the machine. It may cause an electric shock, a burn, or an
• When servicing, do not breathe toner, developer, and ink excessively. Do not get them in
the eyes. If toner, developer, or ink enters your eyes, wash it away with water immediately,
and consult a doctor if necessary.
• The machine has got sharp edges inside. Be careful not to damage fingers when servicing.
• Do not throw toner or a toner cartridge in a fire. Otherwise, toner may ignite and burn you.
• When replacing a lithium battery on a PWB, only use the specified replacement battery. If a
battery of different specification is used, it may cause a machine malfunction or breakdown.
• When carrying a unit with PWB or electronic parts installed to it, be sure to put it in an
anti-static-electricity bag. It may otherwise cause a machine breakdown or malfunction.
2. Warning for servicing
• Be sure to connect the power cord only to a power outlet that meets the specified voltage
and current requirements. Avoid complex wiring, which may lead to a fire or an electric
shock. It may cause a fire or an electric shock.
• If there is any abnormality such as a smoke or an abnormal smell, interrupt the job and
disconnect the power plug. It may cause a fire or an electric shock.
• Be sure to connect the grounding wire. If an electric leakage occurs without grounding, a
fire or an electric shock may result. To protect the machine and the power unit from
lightening, grounding must be made.
• Do not damage, break, or stress the power cord. Do not put heavy objects on the power
cable. Do not stress, forcibly bend, or pull the power cord. It may cause a fire or an electric
• Keep the power cable away from a heat source. Do not insert the power plug with dust on it
into a power outlet. It may cause a fire or an electric shock.
• Do not place liquids or foreign metallic objects inside the machine. It may cause a fire or an
• Do not touch the power cord, insert the phone jack, operate the machine, or perform
service on the machine with wet or oily hands. It may cause an electric shock.
3. Note for installing site
Do not install the machine at the following sites.
Paper may get damp and form condensation inside the machine, causing paper jam or copy
dirt. For operating and storing conditions, refer to the specifications described later.
However, continuous use of such a machine may produce an ozone smell. Install the
machine in a well ventilated place.
It may cause a breakdown or output quality problems.
change due to organic gases such as ammonium.
Installation of this machine near a diazo-type copier and blue print machine may result in
poor quality output.
If ventilation is not proper, poor output or machine failure may result.
Use an optional desk or an exclusive-use desk.
When using the optional desk, be sure to fix the adjuster and lock the casters.
4. Note for handling PWB and electronic parts
When handling the PWB and the electronic parts, be sure to observe the following
precautions in order to prevent against damage by static electricity.
• When in transit or storing, put the parts in an anti-static bag or an anti-static case and do
not touch them with bare hands.
• When and after removing the parts from an anti-static bag (case), use an earth band as
• Put an earth band to your arm, and connect it to the machine.
• When repairing or replacing an electronic part, perform the procedure on an anti-static mat.