DVD 2005 05 02
Date of Issue: 25
DVD/VCR TECHNICAL BULLETIN
Page 1 of 1
Sharp Electronics (UK) Limited
Reference - RG 23 05 2006 -1
Revision - 1
White – Carry out as required
Yellow – Carry out as required and whenever the unit comes in for service
Red – Carry out on all units
SYMPTOM DVD only plays region free discs. This normally happens just after the DVD
Mechanism has been replaced.
DVD Mechanism has not been set up correctly.
To ensure that the DVD is able to play region 2 discs, carry out the following action:
1. Connect the unit to a TV Monitor via the SCART lead.
2. Turn on the POWER, and set the unit to the DVD mode.
3. Press the Channel button (8) on the remote control and the STOP button on the
unit togeather for more than 2 seconds. Tray will open.
4. Place a region 2 disc on the tray. This must be a pre-recorded region 2 disc. A
copied disc will not work.
5. Close the tray.
6. Writing will start.
7. After the writing, the writing region number will appear on the top right of the TV
8. Press both the CH UP button on the unit and the PLAY button on the set togeather
for more than 2 seconds.
9. When completed, the unit will turn off automatically.
After programming the DVD Mechanism, it will be necessary to ensure that the unit is
set to the correct region as follows:
1. Turn on the power and set to the DVD mode.
2. Press both the CH DOWN button on the set and the VCR/DVD button on the unit
togeatrher for more than 2 seconds.
3. Information screen will be displayed on the TV monitor.
4. If the region 2 appears, then the region setting is completed.
5. Turn off the power.
• If a repair is undertaken where it has been required to change the New DVD
Mechcanism, region setting is needed.
• If the Region setting is not performed, only region free discs can be played.
• Region setting can only be carried out five times. After this the DVD Mechanism
will only work on the last region code programmed.