DVD 2005 07 03
Date of Issue: 29
DVD/HDD TECHNICAL BULLETIN
Page 1 of 1
Sharp Electronics (UK) Limited
Reference - VD-181
Revision - 1
White – Carry out as required
Yellow – Carry out as required and whenever the unit comes in for service
Red – Carry out on all units
SYMPTOM Recording problems with Ritek DVD -RW disc
Upgrade the DVD writer software to the latest version. This software can be found on
the Sharp Technical Web site.
1. Copy the latest DVD writer software from the Technical Web onto the hard drive of
2. Unzip this file.
3. Run the extracted executable file. This will result in two files being generated.
4. Copy these two files to the route directory of a blank CD-R. Note that the recording
speed must be as low as possible and the CD-R of a reasonable quality. The disc
MUST be finalised.
5. Turn on the unit to be upgraded.
6. Eject the disc tray.
7. Load the CD-R.
8. Close the disc tray.
9. After about 10 seconds the LCD display on the front of the unit will change to
10. After about three minutes the LCD display will change to 000307.
11. Remove the disc from the disc tray. Do not close the disc tray.
12. Press the standby button to turn the power off.
13. When the power down cycle is complete, turn the unit back on.
14. The disc tray will close.
15. Update is complete.