DVD 2006 03 03
Date of Issue: 30
DVD/HDD TECHNICAL BULLETIN
Page 1 of 1
Sharp Electronics (UK) Limited
Reference - RG 28 03 2006 - 1
White – Carry out as required
Yellow – Carry out as required and whenever the unit comes in for service
Red – Carry out on all units
SYMPTOM When you set a timer recording, the EPG overrides the timer recording and timer
recordings fail. This happens during the period of 14:00 to16:00 and 20:00 to 22:00.
Problem with the firmware.
Upgrade to the latest version of firmware V1.29. This software can be found on the
Sharp Technical Web site.
1. Copy the latest firmware from the Technical Web onto the hard drive of your
2. Unzip this file. This will result in 2 files being generated.
3. Copy these 2 files to the route directory of a blank CD-R. Note that the recording
speed must be as low as possible and the CD-R of a reasonable quality. You
MUST select the ISO file type as ASCII and ISO 9660 only. The disc MUST be
4. Turn on the unit to be upgraded.
5. Eject the disc tray.
6. Load the CD-R.
7. Close the disc tray.
8. After a period the drawer will eject. Remove the CD, but DO NOT close the disc
9. Press “Start Menu” on the remote control.
10. In the menu that appears, select the bottom right option called "Other Settings".
11. In the menu that appears, select the right hand option "Control set".
12. From the drop down list, select “System Reset”.
13. The disc tray will close and the unit will shut down.
When the Standby LED turns red, the update is complete.