Read Panasonic TX-29RX20T Service Manual online
Mass and dimensions shown are approximate.
2. When servicing, observe the original lead dress, especially the lead dress in the high voltage circuits. If a short circuit is found,
5. Potential, as high as 32.0 kV is present when this receiver is in operation. Operation of the receiver without the rear cover
thoroughly familiar with the precautions necessary when working on high voltage equipment. Always discharge the anode of the
picture tube to the receiver chassis before handling the tube. After servicing, make the following leakage current check to
prevent the customer from being exposed to shock hazards.
2. Turn on the receiver’s power switch.
such as screw heads, aerials, connectors, control shafts, etc. When the exposed metallic part has a return path to the chassis,
the reading should be between 4 M
2. Check that a 2 k
The current from any point should not exceed 0.7 mA peak AC or 2 mA DC. In the case of a measurement being outside of
these limits specified, there is a possibility of a shock hazard and the receiver should be repaired and rechecked before it is
returned to the customer.
The potential sources of X-Radiation in TV set are the EHT section and the picture tube. When using a picture tube test jig for
service, ensure that the jig is capable of handling 32.5 kV without causing X-Radiation.
Note: It is important to use an accurate periodically calibrated high voltage meter.
1. Set the brightness to minimum.
2. Use the remote to get into Service Mode.
3. Measure the EHT. The meter reading should indicate 31.0 ± 1.0 kV. If the meter indication is out of tolerance, immediate