Read Panasonic PT-TW342 / PT-TX402 / PT-TX312 (serv.man2) Service Manual online
in this service manual.
Use lead free solder in servicing from the standpoint of antipollution for the global environment.
For the P.C. Board which applies lead free solder, the symbol as shown in the figure below is printed or stamped on the
surface or the back of the P.C. Board.
the FCC Rules.
These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy. If not installed and used in accordance with the
instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference
will not occur in a particular installation.
If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning
the equipment off and on, the user is recommended to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio or TV technician for help.
CAUTION: Any unauthorized changes or modifications to this equipment will void the users authority to operate.
the general public.
It does not contain warnings or cautions to advise non-technical individuals of potential dangers in
attempting to service a product.
Products powered by electricity should be serviced or repaired only by experienced professional
technicians. Any attempt to service or repair the product or products dealt with in this service
information by anyone else could result in serious injury or death.
- For continued safety, no modification of any circuit must be attempted.
- Unplug the power cord from the power outlet before disassembling this projector.
- Use correctly the supplied power cord and must ground it.
- It is advisable to use an isolation transformer in the AC power line before the service.
- Be careful not to touch the rotation part (cooling fan, etc.) of this projector when you service with the upper case
1. Prepare the measuring circuit as shown in Fig. 1.
Be sure to use a voltmeter having the performance described in Table 1.
2. Assemble the circuit as shown in Fig. 2. Plug the power cord in a power outlet.
3. Connect M1 to T1 according to Fig. 2 and measure the voltage.
4. Change the connection of M1 from T1 to T2 and measure the voltage again.
5. The voltmeter must read 0.375 V or lower in both of step 3 and 4. This means that the current must be 0.75mA
- Be sure to unplug the power cord from the power outlet when replacing the lamp.
- Because the lamp reaches a very high temperature during its operation, wait until it cools completely when
- The lamp unit has high internal pressure. If improperly handled, explosion might result.
- Because the high pressure lamp involves a risk of failure, never touch the lamp wire lead during the service.
in Fig. 2